Become a Member!
The Del Webb Sun Cities Museum / Sun Cities Area Historical Society is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to collecting and maintaining the history of Sun City and Sun City West. Memberships help us maintain our headquarters and meet the expenses of preserving the history of our unique active retirement communities. Because of this support, visitors will continue to enjoy and benefit from our exhibits and historical resources.
As a member you will also receive:
• A bi-annual newsletter with interesting and informative articles, as well as news of the past
• Access to special events
• Notice of volunteer opportunities, each of which provides a learning experience!
We invite you to become a member of this vital and growing organization. SCAHS is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Membership dues are tax deductible.
Membership Form (pdf)
To become a member, please print the application, complete the form, and mail to instructions on application. Thank you for your interest in the Sun Cities Area Historical Society / Del Webb Sun Cities Museum.
Become a Volunteer!
We’re always looking for volunteers!
Who knew volunteering could be so good for a person? A wise person once contemplated the benefits of volunteering. And the museum really needs more docents, those who give short museum tours between 1 and 4 p.m. on Monday Wednesday or Friday; OR office volunteers with computer skills to work mornings any weekday. So here are the best reasons to volunteer already penned by a thoughtful person, now anonymous.
• make you forget your problems.
• give you a reason to get up and dressed and moving each day.
• be good for your self esteem.
• give you a sense of purpose in life.
• improve overall attitude and mental health.
• give you a greater overall satisfaction with life.
• cause you to live longer, if you volunteer on a regular basis.
• improve your health.
• lower your stress level.
• be good for relationship building.
• increase the experience of compassion.
If you like people and history, and want to be a Docent, call Volunteer Coordinator Pris Fenner at 623-977-3305; if you love office work and have computer skills and would like to be an office volunteer, call Julie Glass weekday mornings at 623-974-2568.